Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Can the Dead Influence Us?


Can The Dead Influence Us?

In the early part of 2018 I had the pleasure of working with Gary Novo on publishing his novella, MURDER AT #23 PUMP HOUSE.

A couple of spirits showed up in this book so I asked him his opinion on the hereafter. He said, “I think the spirits of our family members who have passed on before us have a way of influencing our lives – maybe our thoughts if not our actions. I think this is especially true for parents and grandparents or those with whom we’ve had close relationships while they were living. Even if we were not particularly close, I think they still reach out to us.

I thought about his words more than once, because I did a search on Ancestry.com to find names and information on my husband’s mother’s side of the family, since nothing much was ever said about them.

My husband and I have enjoyed Northeast Oregon, and have gone back time and again. Over the years we have acquired some land and use vacation time in the area. It turns out that his great-great grandfather and some of his brothers came to the area as well, and most were buried there. It’s been a pleasure to find his grave and lay a flower or two next to the headstone.

Other time, there were five or six occurrences of hearing my grandmother’s first name. While not a common name, I heard it over TV, people I met, and on the internet, all in a short period of time. Perhaps it was just a coincidence or not, but I took a moment by myself to say hello to her.

I would like to recommend Gary’s book and you can find it at this link:
E-book is only .99 cents.

So, what kind of experiences have you had?







No comments:

Post a Comment