Monday, November 19, 2018

BE KIND


I don't know about you but it has been hard for me to watch the news for a long time now and I'm not talking about the devastating fire or weather conditions that plague so many areas. My heart, and prayers, goes out to those affected and I am encouraged by those who help in times of loss.

No, it's hard to watch what else is on media outlets. Bullying is at an all time high, because we not only learn how it's done outside of our homes but on our local television channels as well. 

Political parties are at war even the moment after an election that gave us a chance to promote our parties and vote to change some of the things happening in the country.

Many people seem to think they are an educated professional when it comes to a serious problem in the country, and that their conclusions are the right ones, when, in fact, they are not qualified to speak at all. Still, we all appear to hang on their every word.

I did vote and I try to remember to pray for our leaders, our country, and to pay attention to issues and to vote in the future. I no way claim that I have the answer to our nation's problems. I do think that those who feel that they can do something positive, educate yourself and move into the appropriate channels or jobs that can actually help us. Or, support someone who can do so. I can write and I am thinking about a children’s book on being kind to everyone. Because, what I know for sure is that we can't possibly understand what another person who lives anywhere feels, or goes through unless we walk a mile in their shoes, as the saying goes. But we can be kind. By being kind we are making a difference however small.

No comments:

Post a Comment